Asus Zenfone 3 will be unveiled in June

2016-05-13 08:01:24 by Joe Placke
According to Asus, the company's Zenfone 3 smartphone will be announced in June 2016. Tech experts say that the new device will be available in emerging countries this year.

According to PhoneDog, Asus's next generation Zenfone smartphone will be unveiled in June 2016.Previous rumors claimed that Asus Zenfone 3 would be announced on 30 May, a day head of Computex 2016. Tech expert say that Asus Zenfone 3 will be a gigantic hit in the market in the second half of the year, as its previous models are among the most desired smartphones in emerging countries.

Asus says that the Zenfone 3 will target mostly mid-range customers in China, Brazil and Southeast Asia. Last year, the Taiwanese smartphone maker shipped more than 10 million Zenfone 2 units, making it one of the most successful devices in the company's history.



 

According to sources, the Zenfone 3 will feature Qualcomm or MediaTek SoCs, and 90% of all Zenfone 3 models will be fueled by Qualcomm chips, while the remaining 10% will be powered by MediaTek chips. 

Tech experts say that Asus will launch three variants of the device including the Zenfone 3 Max, the standard Zenfone 3 and the Zenfone Deluxe. Noticeably, the Zenfone 3 Max is expected to account for two - thirds of the global Zenfone shipments in 2016.